Hotmail , now known as Outlook , has large functions that are unknown to most users who use the email service.
To explain how to do each of the actions to create control rules and filters in Hotmail, you must know what each of these elements means.
Doing these kinds of actions is easier than what Hotmail users think it is.
These control rules facilitate the working day of someone who uses their email for everything and receives large amounts of messages. But they also work for users who want to be sorted with all the messages they receive. Or on the other hand, they want to have notifications and notifications when a message arrives from a specific sender to the inbox.
What are control rules in Hotmail?
The control rules are actions that are launched with the messages that arrive in the inbox in the email. The option is activated and you choose what action you want to take with messages that have a certain type of similarity.
To exemplify, if you are subscribed to a newsletter, also known as newsletter you can select an action to be automatically saved in a folder of the user’s preference. That is just an example of what can be done with this action; as well as that example you can make several folders and several actions to filter the messages in the inbox.
Why are the rules in Hotmail login necessary?
By constantly working with an email service operations become repetitive and tedious. When executing the control rules in Hmail , the actions will be done automatically by e-mail. In fact, the email system has templates for the actions that are commonly executed by Hotmail users.
Some reasons why users use the control rules are:
Create blank folders:
Receiving all messages in your inbox becomes overwhelming to read the messages because it makes it seem like too much work. For this it is essential to change the messages to a folder that is completely blank to read and record each message with the importance that should be given to each one.
As already mentioned before, it is possible to make folders, for example, for a certain word that appears in the subject of all received messages to be changed to a folder that has been created for this subject. And so you can do with an issue that you want and subdivide it into folders to be more organized in the email more easily and automatically. Because this action will be done with every word or phrase that is chosen.
Be attentive to each message depending on its importance:
When using filters it is also possible to make notifications every time a message arrives from a certain sender that is chosen with the control rules action. Likewise, notifications can be sent to the mobile devices of the same users to keep up with the emails that that particular person sends.
How to create a rule?
The steps that must be followed are the following:
- The first thing is to select the option Rules and choose Manage rules and alerts then choose File and press the option Manage rules and alerts.
- In Rules of electronic mail the box of Rules and alerts is chosen and New rule is selected .
- In the option Rules Wizard, it is necessary to go to Step 1: Select a template and depending on the action you want to perform, you choose the option of preference: Stay organized , Stay updated or Start from a blank rule .
How to change a user’s messages to a default folder?
To perform this action you must do:
- The first thing is to select the option people or public folder.
- Then in the direction of the rule you have to choose between two options: if you select the option Search it is necessary to write the name of the user you want or, on the other hand, you choose Address Bookand the user is searched.
- It verified that is appropriate email address and when it appears e s necessary to click
- Then in the specified folder , choose Rules and alerts , choose a folder and click again on
- As a last step, select the following option and then in step 3: Set conditions for a rule.